Principal, Managing Director
firstname.lastname@example.org :: 415 551 7613
Lou Vasquez is a Founding Partner and Managing Director of BUILD, where he oversees the firm’s business strategy and executive management.
Over the course of his 30-year career in real estate development, Lou has participated in the acquisition, entitlement, development, construction and management of more than $1 billion of residential and commercial product. Prior to forming BUILD in 2004, Lou worked in senior management at a number of prominent residential and commercial real estate development companies in the Bay Area, including Trammell Crow, Greenbriar Homes, Bay Communities, Oxford Development, and Archstone Communities.
Through his volunteer work as a board member of Habitat for Humanity and as a founding board member of the Mission Preparatory School, Mr. Vasquez is committed to ensuring that San Francisco remains a diverse city providing opportunities for its most vulnerable citizens.
- The Homes at Esprit Park (San Francisco, Calif.): 142 condominiums, 2008. Awarded 2008 Real Estate Deal of the Year by the San Francisco Business Times.
- Willow Glen Apartments (San Jose, Calif.): 414 units, new construction, with Archstone, 2000.
- Hacienda Park Apartments (Pleasanton, Calif.): 320 units, new construction, with Archstone, 1998.
- Emerald Park Apartments (Dublin, Calif.): 224 units, new construction, with Archstone, 1998.
- Enclave Apartments (Reno, Nev.): 224 units, new construction, with Archstone, 1998.
- Monterey Grove Apartments (San Jose, Calif.): 212 units, new construction, with Archstone, 1998.
- Lakeside Apartments (Sunnyvale, Calif.): 636 units, new construction, with Trammell Crow, 1991.
- Delta Fair Apartments (Antioch, Calif.): 164 units, new construction, with Oxford Development, 1987.
- Delta Square Shopping Center (Antioch, Calif.): 200,000-square-foot retail center, new construction, with Oxford Development, 1987.
- Fountain Grove I & II (Santa Rosa, Calif.): two 51,000-square-foot office buildings, new construction, with Oxford Development, 1986.
- Vice-chair, founding board member, The Mission Preparatory School, San Francisco
- Co-chair, Bay Area Council Housing Committee
- Board member, Habitat for Humanity, Greater San Francisco
- Member, San Francisco Housing Action Coalition
- Member, San Francisco Planning and Urban Research, Housing Policy Committee
- General building contractor’s license, State of California
- General engineering contractor’s license, State of California
- Member, Lambda Alpha Real Estate Economic Society
- Member, Market-Octavia Citizens' Advisory Committee Mayor's Appointment
- Yale University, Biology