Julie Witherspoon is Business Manager at BUILD, where she oversees multiple aspects of corporate operations including entity management, human resources, accounting and financial management.
Julie began her real estate career as part of the founding team at Bio-Logical Capital, a pioneering land investment, development and conservation company. She played many roles at Bio-Logical Capital, including helping with acquisitions, stakeholder engagement, communications and corporate strategy. She was instrumental in developing the business plan and operating budget for the Hana Ranch project in Hawaii. Prior to joining Build, she also served as director of operations for a small natural food company, Nona Lim, where she managed production, logistics and accounting.
Julie’s pastimes are driven by her passion for community, nature and food. She can often be found exploring the Bay Area’s local farms, forests, markets and breweries with her partner, Andrew, and their dog, Cali.
- Hana Ranch (Maui, Hawaii), 3,600-acre diversified ranch and organic farm
- Enviropreneur Fellow, Property and Environmental Rights Center, 2010
- Member, SPUR
- Member, San Francisco Professional Food Society
- Ambassador, Kitchen Table Advisor
- Masters in Environmental Management, Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies
- B.A., Environmental Studies, Washington University in St. Louis
- Inner City Advisors (ICA) “Growth Strategies” course, sponsored by Lorey I. Lokey Graduate School of Business at Mills College