Assistant Project Manager
Carlos Vasquez is an Assistant Project Manager at BUILD, where he manages the entitlement and pre-construction process for BUILD projects, including maintaining project budgets and schedules, organizing community outreach, preparing and submitting entitlement-related applications, managing contracting and consultants, and reporting both to Senior Project Managers and financial partners.
Carlos specializes in managing environmental reports as part of the CEQA (California Environmental Quality Act) approval process. Carlos began working at BUILD in 2010, after receiving a bachelor’s degree in Philosophy at the University of Southern California. Initially responsible for accounting and property management, Carlos worked his way into the Assistant Project Management role in 2013.
Born and raised in San Francisco, Carlos takes pride in his contribution to BUILD’s active community engagement and creating public spaces adjacent to BUILD projects for surrounding neighborhood members to enjoy.
- Currently working on the One Oak Project, a 300-unit multi-family tower in Hayes Valley
- Successfully entitled the 650 Indiana Project, a 116-unit multi-family project in Dogpatch
- Successfully entitled the 2270 Third Project, a 72-unit multifamily project in Dogpatch
- Helped build housing for a family in Vietnam through Habitat for Humanity's Global Village program
- Member, SPUR
- Member, Habitat for Humanity
- Participant, Relay for Life
- BS, Philosophy, University of Southern California