Principal, Director of Capital Markets
Scott Eschelman is a Principal over Capital Markets & Operations at BUILD, where he is responsible for capitalizing the company’s projects, growing it’s LP investor base, and running the company’s operations.
Scott is a real estate professional and a successful investor/entrepreneur with extensive experience in acquisitions, strategic planning, business development, and capital markets. As a Principal at Preferred Capital Advisors, Mr. Eschelman opened the company’s Los Angeles and San Francisco offices where he built an extensive network of lenders and equity providers and closed more than $350mm of debt and equity placements. Prior to PrefCap, Scott was the CEO of OneService International, a multinational logistics company that included 9 offices and 100+ employees in Europe, Asia and the Americas. At OneService, Scott sourced and negotiated multiple rounds of debt & equity financing, developed several joint ventures, and ultimately negotiated the sale of the company in 2005 to G4S, a London based FTSE 100 company. Prior to OneService, Scott worked at Nike Inc. where he managed contractors throughout the United States and Asia.
Scott is also a member of the Stanford Real Estate Council (SREC) and on the board of directors for Stanford Professionals in Real Estate (SPIRE).
- $120 million, equity/mezzanine: 308-unit multifamily/condo high-rise development (San Francisco)
- $60 million, equity/debt: 116-unit multifamily development (San Francisco)
- $50 million, debt: 400,000-square-foot mixed-use office/retail reposition (Los Angeles)
- $27.5 million, equity: 630-unit multifamily acquisition (Tempe, Ariz.)
- $25 million, equity: note acquisition (San Diego)
- $30 million, equity/debt, note acquisition (San Francisco)
- $22 million, debt: 576-unit multifamily (Mesa, Ariz.)
- $20 million, equity/debt: 36-key boutique hotel (Santa Monica, Calif.)
- $12 million, debt: mixed-use retail/office development (Los Gatos, Calif.)
- $20 million, equity: 136-unit multifamily development (San Francisco)
- Director, Stanford Professionals in Real Estate
- Member, Stanford Real Estate Council
- Member, SPUR
- B.A., Economics, Stanford University